Community Switch Sports CIC (CSSCIC)
Terms and Conditions of bookings:
Your booking for each session, once accepted and confirmed, represents a contract between you and CSSCIC. The Contract is based on the information provided to you in writing prior on the service booking page and is governed by these Terms and Conditions. Your contract is with Community Switch Sports CIC (Company Registration Number 10906954), whose registered address is: 34 Cornwallis House, India Way, London, W12 7QT.
You are entering into the Contract on your own behalf and on behalf of everyone in your group that is taking part in the session. Please ensure that all members of Your Group are aware of these Terms and Conditions as they will apply to all members of Your Group.
In entering into this Contract, we will consider you to be the organiser of Your Group (“Group Organiser”). As the Group Organiser, you must be over 18 years of age and agree that we cannot accept bookings from any teams unaccompanied by supervising adults.
The price applicable for each session organised by Community Switch Sports CIC is as presented in writing to the Group Organiser on the bookings page.
CSSCIC reserve the right to cancel sessions in the event of;
- severe weather that may pose a safety risk,
- venue closure,
- bank holidays,
- staff shortage,
- insufficient participants booked in.
These sessions will be reimbursed with a coupon to the same amount paid in advance by each participant which can be redeemed from your next payment.
6. CSSCIC must give 1 hours’ notice before cancelling a session. All participants will receive a notification via email and or Whatsapp if any event should be cancelled by CSSCIC.
7. CSSCIC reserves the right to ban participants according to our Code of Conduct:
1. Keep yourself and others safe
2. Listen to the coaches
3. Display sportsmanship
4. Be respectful
5. Be encouraging.
CSSCIC will teach all participants these rules and how to adhere to them. If a participant continually breaks these rules, they will be spoken to by a member of staff to explain how they have broken the Code of Conduct, and asked to take a Time Out to think about how they can change their behaviour.
If a participant is continually put on Time Outs, or is involved in an incident deemed severe enough by our staff, they may be given a Short Term Ban from one of all of our sessions.
If a participant has been issued several Short-Term Bans or is involved in an incident deemed severe enough by our staff, they may be given a Long-Term Ban from one of all of our sessions.
Short-Term Bans and Long-Term Bans are non-refundable if already paid for in advance.
8. It is up to a participant which sessions/plans they wish to attend and how many they wish to book for/pay for in advance.
If a participant is booking for one or more person to attend a session/plan, they must pay for all of the persons attending. If they have any technical difficulties in doing this, the participant must contact CSSCIC for how to complete their payment before the start of the session.
If a participant decides to cancel a single session, they have up until 2 hours before the start of the session to cancel in order to receive a full refund. If a participant has bought a plan, they will not be refunded for any sessions in that plan if they do not turn up to them for whatever reason.
Sessions will not be refunded to participants who do not turn up without cancelling in the 2 hours prior to the session. Sessions / plans will also not be refunded for lateness or illness or absence of any other kind.
9. All Events organised by CSSCIC are insured for ‘public liability’ purposes. CSSCIC holds Professional Liability insurance to the value of £1 million, Public Liability Insurance to the value of £5 million and Employers Liability Insurance to the value of £10 million. However, CSSCIC’s insurance does not cover Your Group’s public liability, or personal accident or injury whilst at a session, except where such liability is caused by our negligence. These are risks which are borne by you and Your Group.
All members of Your Group need to be physically fit and able to participate in sporting activities and, accordingly, all members of Your Group accept all risks which may result from their own participation in the session. As a participatory sporting event, each member of Your Group participates in the session entirely ‘at their own risk’. CSSCIC cannot accept responsibility for death or personal injury to a participant, however serious and howsoever caused (including, but not limited to, poor pitch condition), except where such death or personal injury is caused by CSSCIC’s own negligence. It is your responsibility as the Group Organiser to inform all members of Your Group and/or their parents or guardians (or any other such responsible person) accordingly. CSSCIC cannot accept responsibility for death or personal injury (however serious and howsoever caused including, but not limited to, death or injury due to adverse weather conditions or damage to the facilities, to any person attending a session (whether as participant or spectator) whilst on the venue premises (including car parks), except where such death or personal injury is caused by CSSCIC’s own negligence. It is your responsibility as the Group Organiser to inform all members of Your Group and/or their parents or guardians (or any other such responsible person) accordingly.
10. All CSSCIC staff are DBS checked. There will always be at least one First Aid trained member of staff at any of our sessions. Any volunteers/junior trainees will always be under the supervision of a senior DBS checked member of staff.
11. In the event that you have any problems with any element of your session experience, you must advise the session organisers immediately, so that we can attempt to resolve the problem at once. If the problem cannot be resolved at the session, then we will ask you as Group Organiser to contact us in writing to the email address at the head of these terms and conditions after the session with details of the complaint, following which CSSCIC will undertake a full investigation. If you fail to take either of these steps, it will affect our ability to investigate your complaint and may impact the way your complaint is dealt with. In the event of any dispute arising between us, the dispute will be governed by the laws of England & Wales under the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Complaints must be submitted in writing within 28 days of the event.
12. In the event that any term of these Terms and Conditions is held to be unenforceable, all other terms and conditions contained herein shall remain unaffected.
13. CSSCIC cannot be held responsible for the conduct, behaviour and actions of other teams attending the session; the decision of teams not to fulfil a scheduled fixture at the session; loss of property and damage to property/vehicles at the session venue. Vehicles are left in the session venue car park or surrounding area entirely at the owners’ risk. We cannot accept responsibility for any loss, theft or damage, however extensive and howsoever caused.
14. Due to the fact that it is something which would be outside of our control, CSSCIC cannot accept responsibility for the condition of the pitch or the facilities (including, but not limited to, changing facilities, food and beverage outlets and designated seating areas) at the time of the sessions, and therefore we will not be able to entertain or be liable for claims, of any description, from any person, if the condition of the pitch or the facilities for a session is not to their satisfaction.
15. CSSCIC shall not be liable for any loss, damage or expense which you or Your Group may incur arising from a change or cancellation to your arrangements which occur due to unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control and that of our suppliers. Such events would include, for example, war, threat of war, riots, civil strife, pandemics, industrial disputes, terrorist activity, fire or adverse weather conditions, natural or nuclear disaster, or similar events beyond our control.
16. You must fill out a registration form prior to booking your first session so that we have relevant details such as names, ages, medical conditions, emergency contact details etc. You will also be asked permission for use any photographs or video footage taken by the session photographers or staff at our sessions of individual players or teams, in our marketing literature, website and advertising. You shall ensure that all members of Your Group are also aware of this.
17. If you do not wish photography or video footage of members of Your Group to be used for this purpose for any reason, you must state in your registration form prior to your first session. If you agree and then change your mind, you must contact CSSCIC in writing to the email address at the head of these Terms and Conditions.
18. If you give permission for your child to leave our sessions by themselves, you must state this in your registration form. Any participants age 16+ we will not ask for your permission. If you do give permission for this, from the end time of our session, we are no longer responsible for your child. If you have stated that your child must be collected, we must be given phone numbers of any persons permitted to collect that child. Our members of staff will be responsible for your child until they are collected from our sessions. If there are continuous late collections, our staff have the right to issue a Short-Term or Long-Term Ban to the participant. If you change your mind about your child being given permission or not to leave our sessions by themselves, you must contact CSSCIC in writing to the email address at the head of these Terms and Conditions.
19. To the best of our knowledge, all information above is fully accurate. Please be aware that there may be occasions when facilities or items at session venues, as stated on the website, are modified or unavailable due to factors beyond our control.
Last updated 30th April 2023.